Saturday, May 15, 2010

Special clothes for our special girl


At first glance it may not look particularly special or different, but look again. The dress is from her grandma, nothing unusual there. Grandma has been very generous and my girls have many beautiful dresses to wear :) It's the cardigan I'd like you to look at again. Closely.

My girls Great-Grandma was a prolific knitter. She taught me the basics. Were she alive today I'm sure her great-grandaughters would all have many beautiful cardigans, hats, dresses etc to wear.

Because of those basics she taught me I've spent many happy hours creating items for my girls! My needles are still at the moment, life is too busy. But I love seeing my girls in handmade items. So when I discovered this cardigan amongst the wreckage of our Ripponden house I smiled. Here it is, as good as the day it was made, for me, by her, now on my daughter. I'm sure she's smiling too...



1 comment:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes! I do remember the cardigan and it fits Daisy perfectly! Her great Grandma would have been really happy to see her wearing this and indeed so proud of all her great grand daughters...having had only one daughter and being the only girl in her family!!!
    She would also be very proud that although her daughter never took to klnitting one of her three grand daughters has!!! I'm sure she watches from her happy cloud!

    ReplyDelete